Speaking with Authority, Influence, and Integrity

communication

“The path to your greatest potential is often straight through your greatest fear” – Craig Groeschel

How you present yourself to others can mean the difference between success and failure. I would go as far as saying great communication trumps IQ in your ability to reach your goals. While growing up I was horrified of public speaking. Finally, when I was a sophomore in college, I decided to attack my fear and take a Dale Carnegie Course in addition to my college curriculum. This course, an investment in myself, was worth its weight in gold. Years later I would read that Warren Buffett also suffered from a crippling fear of public speaking, which is hard to believe given how great a communicator he is today.

Communicating with influence, authority, and integrity is invaluable. Once you conquer your fear of public speaking, the next step is to work on using body language to your advantage:

In this presentation you’ll learn some simple techniques to increase engagement with the audience, such as:

1. Posture breeds success
  2. Gestures strengthen your message - Your Audience will remember twice as much when you use gestures effectively
  3. Pay attention to your audience's body language and pivot if you have to
Finally, this Ted Talk by Julian Treasure is phenomenal on what to say and how to say it. Your tone, pitch, cadence, volume, and ability to use silence, are very powerful in connecting with people.

If you enjoyed this article, you should become an Intelligent Fanatics member. As a member, you get our current and future Intelligent Fanatics books and case studies for free, as well as the ability to participate here on our community. Join Us.