Fueling Your Flame

Every morning I try to listen or read something that gets me energized so I can max out my day. So I can attack my day with intensity.

This video is awesome. In it Ed talks about a story about Tom Brady. I pasted it below. The whole video is great though. Enjoy.

Rodney Harrison is a retired football player and is a good friend of mine. He tells me “Eddie I was the hardest-working dude in New England. When I got there I’d get in the strength room it’s 7:00 a.m. when the film session was at 10:30. I get in there at 7:00 a.m. there was this one skinny dude in there I’m like who the hell is this guy. He is like the backup new dude from Michigan”, it was Brady in the weight room before him so Harrison goes, I’m the hardest-working dude in the room. I am. So the next day I got there at 6:30 am and guess who was in there when I got there. Brady. Brady started to figure out Harrison was trying to get there earlier. The next day Harrison gets there at 5:30am and the morning film sessions at 10:30 in the morning. Brady is there. Friday Harrison gets there at 5:00 a.m. this is a true story, Brady’s walking out of the gym as Harrison walks in at 5:00 a.m and says, “Good to see you Rod have a good workout” and he throws the towel over his shoulder. And Rod told me I didn’t know who this dude was, he was goofy looking, he had no arm strength, and I told my wife this dude’s a freak. And not only did Brady become the greatest football player of all time, not just quarterback football player, maybe the greatest athlete of all time with no physical tools whatsoever. Within two weeks there were 30 dudes in the weight room by 6 a.m. 30 dudes and they won a Super Bowl that year they beat the Rams. He completely changed the culture and the standard the identity of that team. They weren’t the most talented team. They weren’t the most gifted team. They became the hardest working team in the NFL.

Other articles:

Arnold Schwarzenegger Speech - Inspiring

The Windshield Wiper King [Member Post]

Seth Klarman - Hard Choices

If you enjoyed this article, you should become an Intelligent Fanatics member. As a member, you get our current and future Intelligent Fanatics books, case studies, online courses for free, as well as the ability to participate here on our community. Join Us.

The Story of New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft

This is corny as hell, but I am in awe of the “power” of people who possess an “inextinguishable flame.” For me, it’s spiritual, mythical and something I aspire to.

I reckon that Tom Brady is one of these people.

Thanks for sharing, @iancassel.